YouTube Channel

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December....Day 1 - 25 Days of Christmas

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year, it's not because I have tons of money to blow but because I just feel really good right now.  There is so much I love about Christmas but I have just not been into the spirit in a while.  I can't explain it really, I mean last year was great, I organized an adoption of a family, I was able to give my kids a great Christmas, I got my husband some great gifts and I even received some great gifts.  The year before that was okay, I was in the middle of planning my wedding and we trimmed our budget down that year but it was still a great holiday.  And the year before that was really special, it was the year my hubby proposed.  So I really can't say that Christmas has been bad at all, I just have not been in the true Christmas spirit, at least not how I feel this year....sorry I can't explain it any better, it just is what it is. 

Now I like to think I'm an artsy crafty creative person and this year I just have so much I want to do and so many projects to make that I am really excited about.  I just hope I can get to them all.  Not all projects are Christmas related but this just seems like the perfect time to be creative...

So my post today is to begin my 25 days of Christmas, let's see if I can keep up with.  I am not going to pressure myself to be a "photographer" each time, I plan to use my iphone, instagram or my dslr or whatever else I can get my hands on...

DAY 1 - Christmas Door Wreath

This is the door wreath I am making, I am about 50% done.  I got all the tulle cut and tied on but I can't decide what else I want to do.  I know I am going to use the sign for sure, the ball garland may or may not stay, the bell at the bottom I want to incorporate some house, just now sure how yet.  I took this picture using the instagram app on my iphone...I love this app. 


I think I need an intervention.....

My creative space is in serious disarray....I mean it is really is a disaster.  I am hoping to get this clean and finally organized really soon.  Maybe if I post this picture of the space it will motivate me to do something about it.  Sorry about the quality but there is not very much light on and I was using my iphone...When I look at this picture it depresses me...lol.  I make such a mess creating stuff.

No comments: