YouTube Channel

Friday, September 2, 2011

Baby Name Blocks - Nursery Decor & Some Cute Onezies I Made - All For Baby Nathan

Okay so to follow up on my previous post, I talked about being unable to finish the gifts for Tiffany my sister-in-law....WELL, I'm back to tell you about the gifts.  I made a few and I purchased something as well.

To give a little background, my brother and Tiffany went with a nautical themed nursery.  Hence the nautical themed shower.....she was able to use a lot of the things I created in his room.  I'll be heading out to their house this weekend so I can get some pictures of his nursery before he gets here.  Here is what his bedding looks like......



Item number 1....
Now, I kept the theme in mind and ran across the cutest sign on amazon, since the room is nautical then deck signs would be appropriate. Right?  Well I found a Poop Deck brass sign....and of course I envisioned it properly mounted over his changing table.  And that is exactly where it is. Here is what the sign looked like when I bought it...

My brother did mount it to some stained wood and it really does look cute in his room.

So on to Item number 2..... the main part - the title to this post...

THE NAME BLOCKS...
I made wood blocks to read Nathan Ray to display in his room.  I  and I decoupaged nautical items on each side to match the nautical decor of his nursery.  I'm really happy with the way they turned out, I wanted them simple and I wanted them to coordinate.  The wood was a little rough in some places and had some dings but after I finished, I took a step back and realized I liked them that way, it gave them some charactor. They were very easy to make.  I had some one cute the wood blocks for me, since I do not have a saw, yet...It's on my list.  And I painted them a solid khaki color, then I cute letters and various shapes using my cricut.  I then glued the letters and shapes on and covered them with a decoupage glue to seal.  They turned out so cute!


Now.....Item number 3

I wanted to personalize some onzies for my new nephew, so I made these.  They are in various sizes and the black one being the smallest, so hopefully as soon as he gets here he can wear that one because we all know he will be awesome!  The white one is just an iron on decal I found at Hobby Lobby, I love frogs so when I saw this I knew it needed to be on a onezie for him.  And then of course there is the blue one, my favorite and I am sure it will be his as well.  The "Aunt" part was done with a stencile the same way I did the Really Awesome Dad shirt in this post HERE

Well that about sums up the goodies.....later gator!

No comments: