YouTube Channel

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Silly, Crazy & Wild - Sunday Sketch - Layout Share


I got an email from Studio Calico to create a layout based on one of their sketches, I of course jumped on the opportunity and loved it.

Please go check it out on their blog: Studio Calico - Sunday Sketch

When I saw this sketch I knew this one would be perfect for these pictures of my oldest daughter.  I like how the banners and sentiment provided a base for the pictures to rest on.  I added a few more banners for depth and then tucked the pictures under a banner and used diecuts to create the title, turning them all slightly, so they would sit as silly as she is in the pictures. I also really liked Maggie's doodle around the edge of the card and her arrows, but instead of using just a pen since this is a bigger scale I decided to cut one of the patter papers from the kit into to strips and then I mitered the edges together, to give it a little extra detail, then sewed around the whole thing and did a zig zag stitch on all the mitered corners.  I added the chevron pieces that I cut from another sheet of the pattern paper to follow along with her arrows that she had hand drawn.  Instead of doing the three stars like the sketch I decided to change it up a bit and use some of the brads, sequins and rhinestone stars that came in the kit to make three small clusters instead.

Supplies: Sock Hop, Leather Jacket & Penny Loafers kits







No comments: